our Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
Terms and conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (customer or you). With email address firstname.lastname@example.org; (the supplier or us or we.)
These are the terms on which we sell all goods to you. By ordering ay of the goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Before placing an order on the website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’. If you do not click on the button, you will not able to complete your order. You can only purchase the goods the website if you are eligible to enter into contract and are at least 18 years old.
Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the goods;
Delivery location means the supplier’s premises or other location where the goods are to be supplied, as set out in the order;
Durable medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, an allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
Goods means the goods advertised on the website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the order;
Order means the customer’s order for the goods from the supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the website;
Website means our website www.alecldn.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
The description of the goods is as set in the website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Good suppled.
In the case of any goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
All goods which appears on the website are subject to availability.
We can make change to the goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
We may contact you using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre- paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of sale
The description of goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an order has been submitted on the website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
The order process is set out on the website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the order. If it is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
A contract will be formed for the sale of goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the order (order confirmation). You must ensure that the order is complete an accurate and inform u immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the order placed by you. By placing an order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the order confirmation). You will receive the order confirmation within a reasonable time after making the contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the contract.
Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 14 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
No variation of the contract, whether about description of the goods, fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the customer and the supplier in writing.
We intend that these terms and conditions apply only to a contract entered into by you as a consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with different contract with terms which are not appropriate for you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights a business.
Price and Payment
The price of the goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the website at the date of the order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the order.
You must pay by submitting your credit or debit details with your order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the goods.
We will deliver the goods, to the delivery location by the time or within the agreed period or, falling any agreement, without undue delay and in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.
In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the contract at an end if:
We have refused to deliver the goods, or f delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the contract was made, or you said to us before the contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
After we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
If you treat the contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the contract.
If you were entitled to treat contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the order of any goods, if the goods have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the contract for any such cancelled or rejected goods. If the goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
If any goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the order for some of those goods without also cancelling or rejecting the order for the rest of them.
We do not generally deliver to address outside England and wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channels Island. If, however we accept an order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay for them.
You agree that we may deliver the goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra changes.
The goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the goods before accepting them.
If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours to take delivery of the goods at the delivery location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
Risk and title
Risk of damage to, or loss of any goods will pass to you when the goods are delivered to you.
You do not own the goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
You can withdraw the order by telling us before the contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (cancellation rights) set out below. These cancellation rights, however, do not apply to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
Goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
Also, the cancellation rights for a contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
In the case of a contract for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery;
In the case of any sales contract, If the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their name) with other items after delivery.
Timing of reimbursement
40. If we have not offered to collect the goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(If earlier) 14 days after the days you provide evidence that you have sent back the goods.
41. If we have offered to collect the goods or if no goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about you decision to cancel this contract.
42. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
43. If you have received goods in connection with the contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the goods or hand them over to us, without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to your cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of returning the goods.
44. For the purposes of these cancellation rights, these words have the following meanings:
Distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and consumer under an organised distance sales or service- provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive us of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
Sales contract means a contract under which a transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
45. We have a legal duty to supply the goods in conformity with the contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
46. Upon delivery, the goods will:
Be of satisfactory quality;
Be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the goods which, before the contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgement) and b fit for any purpose held oit by us or set in the contract; and
Conform on their description.
. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Successors and our sub- contractors
48. Either party can transfer the benefit of this contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other or its obligation under the contract. The supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub- contractor who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
49. in the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
The party will advise the other party as reasonably practicable; and
The party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably avoid, but this will to affect the customer’s above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
50. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the general data protection regulation with regard to your personal information.
52. for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including, but not limited to the directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection directive) or the GDPR.
‘GDPR’ means the general data protection regulation (EU) 2016/679.
‘Data Controller,’ ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
52. We data controller of the personal data us so we can provide goods to you, and we process that personal data in the course pf providing the goods to you will comply with our obligations imposed by the data protection laws:
53. Where you supply personal data to us so we can provide goods to you and we process that personal data in the course of providing the goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the data protection laws:
Before or at the time of collecting personal data. We will identify the purposed for which information id being collected;
We will only process personal data for the purposes identified;
We will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your personal data is secure.
We will respect your rights in relation to your personal data and;
54. The supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence or breach of the supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would be suffered by a consumer- because the supplier believe the customer is not buying the goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, Jurisdiction and complaints
65. The contract (including any non-contractual manners) is governed by the law of England and wales.
66. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: we will respond with an appropriate solution within 5-7 working days.